Why CEOs are thinking green now?
Harvard research shows that sustainability is a mother lode of organizational and technological innovations that yield both bottom-line and top-line returns.
1. Lowers costs because companies end up reducing the inputs they use.
2. Generates additional revenues from better products
3. Drives corporate innovation - we find that smart companies now treat sustainability as innovation’s new frontier.
4. Forces companies to change the way they think about products, technologies, processes, and business models.
5. By treating sustainability as a goal today, early movers develop competencies that rivals will be hard-pressed to match - That competitive advantage will stand them in good stead.